Home Washing Your Baby’s Diapers
Washing your own baby’s diapers can be almost as labor-free as using diaper service. You surely do not have to get your hands dirty to get your diapers clean. The following tips are from cloth-diaper-washing experts (a.k.a. moms) all over the world.
Wash Your Baby’s Diapers at Home in 5 Easy Steps!
Step 1: Store
- Always use a regular diaper hamper to store used diapers
- Never use a bucket filled with water–it’s a safety hazard
Step 2: Rinse
- Pre-rinse diapers in cold water
- Pre-soak for heavier soil
Step 3: Wash
- Always wash a full load of diapers
- Always wash in hot water
- Never overfill your washer
- Never overuse detergent
Step 4: Rinse
- Rinse in cold water with added vinegar
- Rinse 1-2 more times in cold water
Step 5: Dry
- For soft diapers, machine dry
- For economy, line dry
This is a natural laundering method that does not include the use of chemical bleach or fabric softener. This method gives a highly satisfactory result–without the addition of these chemicals to your baby’s diapers. If, however, you feel these products are necessary for a satisfactory outcome, first try a very small amount and always rinse well.